Understanding the Common Symptoms of Sciatica
The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the human body, extending from the lower back, through the buttocks, and into the legs. Any compression to the nerve can cause serious pain or discomfort. We treat sciatic nerve pain at Godfrey Chiropractic PC in Omaha. It's important to know the common signs of sciatica, so you know when it's time to seek professional treatment.
Five Most Common Symptoms of Sciatica
Common symptoms of sciatica we see at our office include:
- Pain in the lower back or buttocks creates a burning sensation accompanied by a sharp pain.
- Pain that extends down the calves and feet. You'll experience throbbing and tingling.
- Pain in the lower back that increases in intensity when you sit down.
- Numbness in the legs and feet that increases in intensity when you sit. It can be relieved by shifting side to side, but it is only temporary.
- Difficulty lifting your feet and difficulty walking.
What Causes Sciatica?
Many things can cause sciatic nerve pain. Common causes of sciatica include herniated discs, spinal stenosis, bone spurs, bulging discs, and muscle spasms. Our chiropractor will be able to determine the exact cause of your sciatica and create treatments to address it during your first consultation. We use various treatments for sciatica. Common treatment options include massage to reduce inflammation, chiropractic adjustments to take pressure off the nerve, and exercises to improve your posture. Regardless of your symptoms, we will find the right treatment plan to help you feel better.
Contact Godfrey Chiropractic PC in Omaha for Sciatica Treatment
Sciatica pain is debilitating and can lower your overall quality of life. However, you don't have to remain in pain. At Godfrey Chiropractic PC, we treat all types of conditions, including sciatica. Contact our office today to book your appointment for effective relief from your sciatic nerve pain.