Choosing a Chiropractor to Treat Arthritis
Staying mobile and active are important parts of a healthy life. Arthritis is a condition that can hinder an individual's ability to move freely without pain. Far too often people turn to addictive prescription drugs and dangerous surgery to ease their arthritic conditions. At Godfrey Natural Chiropractic in Omaha, we can provide you with high-quality chiropractic care to help you lead a productive and active life.
Arthritis Affects Millions
Arthritis is one of the most common conditions that people of all ages struggle with. It usually occurs in people who are older. It is generally defined as having pain, stiffness, or inflammation in one or more joints. Symptoms may also include a reduced range of motion and swelling. Arthritis is normally diagnosed after a healthcare professional conducts a physical examination.
Different Types of Arthritis
There are over 100 different types of arthritis. The following are the most common forms of arthritis:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - This is an autoimmune disease that attacks the joints in your body. A primary symptom is inflammation.
- Psoriatic Arthritis - This includes inflammation of both the skin and joints. The symptoms include red, scaly, inflamed skin as well as inflamed joints.
- Osteoarthritis - This is the most common type of arthritis and often includes general wear and tear on joints throughout the body.
Chiropractic Care for Arthritis
Our chiropractors offer non-invasive treatment options that can help eliminate the pain and improve the lives of people with arthritic conditions. We have many techniques at our disposal to treat arthritis to help you avoid surgery or relying on strong pain medication. A few chiropractic care options include the following:
- Gentle Massage - A chiropractor can use massage techniques to ease stiff joints and muscles.
- Cold Laser - This is a non-heat type of laser that penetrates deep into muscles.
- Ultrasound - Ultrasound therapy produces waves that create a massage effect that can reduce pain and swelling.
- Electrotherapy - Small electric pulses are used to stimulate the muscles and nerves.
Chiropractic Care for Arthritis in Omaha
It is important to receive treatment for arthritis as early as possible. There is no cure for arthritis but we can reduce the symptoms, restore your range of motion, and ease your pain. Call our team at Godfrey Natural Chiropractic today at (402) 331-0392 to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors.